As the Caribbean gateway to Central America, Belize shares the best of both worlds. With an English speaking, well-educated workforce, stable political economy, investor-friendly tax environment, and a location only two hours from the US, there are many advantages to investing in the beautiful country of Belize.
Belize provides the three main elements sought by international investors:
- Stability: long-standing, democratic tradition; independent judiciary; fixed exchange rate since1978
- Profitability: attractive Fiscal Incentives and concessions; Commercial Free Zones; Export Processing Zones; repatriation of profits and dividends.
- Liveability: subtropical climate, virgin rainforest, un-spoilt beaches, a spectacular barrier reef and friendly people
Other reasons to Invest:
- Emerging investment location
- Fixed Exchange Rate with the US Dollar (Bz$2 = US$1) since 1978
- Pro-business environment
- Close proximity to the US, Canada, and Mexico
- Daily flights to the US market (approximately a two hour flight)
- Stable democratic government
- Pro-business governance
- Free market principles
- Free flow of information
- Modern banking and telecommunication systems
- 100% business ownership
- Repatriation of capital
- Foreigners do not need qualifications to own real estate and can acquire full title to properties
- Affordable cost of land with increasing property values
- Established infrastructure Business-friendly legal framework Excellent Government Incentives
- Relatively low Tax Structure
- Advantageous trade agreements and bilateral relations
- Standard office hours are as follows: for government offices, 08:00-12:00 and 13:00-17:00 Monday to Thursday; 08:00-12:00 and 13:00-16:30 on Fridays, (17:00 for private sector).
- The Belize dollar (Bz$) has been pegged to the United States dollar (US$) since 1976 and carries a fixed rate of exchange of Bz$2.00 to US$1.00.